story behind the name

Discuss anything MapleStory-related that doesn't fit into any other categories here.
OddMike
Archangel
Archangel
Main character: OddHermit

Re: story behind the name

Post by OddMike »

OMG IT ETHARAGHS
Too lazy too make mine right now. Maybe when i hit lvl 70! Toff I love you btw :3
http://maple-records.com/signatures/sig ... 91b276.png
Etherpendant
Guild Founder
Guild Founder
Main character: Etherpendant
Job: Magician

Post by Etherpendant »

OMG IT ETHARAGHS

!!!!!!
Battletag: kittens#1129
Kamekku
Angel
Angel
Main character: Kamekku

Post by Kamekku »

Back when Super Mario World first came out, it was my sister and my favorite game. We got to the castle where you first meet Kamek, and we always had a hard time getting through the level because of the m4d h4x he pulled off with his turning crap into monsters and stuff and shooting crap at us. But he was always pretty cool.

In College I took a required technical writing course in my sophomore year. Each of us had to write up a business proposal to some company and tell them how they could use our company's (we made up a company for ourselves as well) product in their product (we didn't actually send out the proposals). So I pretended that my company made this RFID identification system that Honda could place throughout their cars and that would have a chip in the key such that if the key was not present you couldn't start the car. (I didn't actually have any idea at the time that Honda actually had that technology implemented already). So anyways, I needed to come up with a name for my pretend company. My favorite Nintendo character is Toad, but you can't really disguise that in a business proposal, so I couldn't go with that. I thought through other Nintendo characters I liked and thought of Kamek. I didn't want to straight out use Kamek, so I reversed it and added a sort of whatever you call it-ization on the end of it to wind up with "Kemakian" and then since it was an RFID company I made it "Kemakian Tracking." I came up with a logo for it that incorporated his hat, wand, and glasses:

So then, in my Junior year in the fall, my friends start playing this funky looking mmorpg called MapleStory. It was free and it looked pretty cool so I decided to check it out. Being a magey kind of guy I decided to make a magician. Well now of course I needed a good magician name. So naturally I thought of Kamek. So I punched in Kamek and.... poof, name taken. Well, not wanting to try to think up another name, I decided to look up what Kamek was called in the Japanese version of Super Mario Bros. I discovered that he was called "Kamekku" (which I later discovered is just katakana for Kamek - カメック) and so I punched that in and.... poof, name available!

And there you have it.
iAmTubbie
Archangel
Archangel
Main character: iAmTubbie

Post by iAmTubbie »

kam wins the divinity grammy ;D LOL
DARKS1M
Archangel
Archangel
Main character: DARKS1M

Post by DARKS1M »

Hidden wang in that logo.
Toff
Administrator
Administrator
Main character: Toffxkun

Post by Toff »

Interesting story, Kam. :)
If our children today don't have any dreams, we creators are guilty for not giving them dreams. We are culpable. We must create a dream to leave behind for the sake of our children.
-Hideo Kojima-
-----------------
A salvation is not to be given, it rises from deep inside us.
-Soraya Saga-
Kamekku
Angel
Angel
Main character: Kamekku

Post by Kamekku »

DARKS1M wrote:Hidden wang in that logo.
Yeah, I noticed that when I made the post, oddly enough I never noticed it before. However, I decided not to say anything.
Etherpendant
Guild Founder
Guild Founder
Main character: Etherpendant

Post by Etherpendant »

Kamekku wrote:
DARKS1M wrote:Hidden wang in that logo.
Yeah, I noticed that when I made the post, oddly enough I never noticed it before. However, I decided not to say anything.
I didn't even see that until dark pointed it out. *lol*
Battletag: kittens#1129