MapleStory Japanese TV Commercials

Post MapleStory videos or other MapleStory-related media here.
Toff
Administrator
Administrator
Main character: Toffxkun
Job: Magician

MapleStory Japanese TV Commercials

Post by Toff »

April 2006
February 2007
January 2008
March 2008
April 2008
January 2009
February 2010
March 2011
December 2011
new!
September 2012
If our children today don't have any dreams, we creators are guilty for not giving them dreams. We are culpable. We must create a dream to leave behind for the sake of our children.
-Hideo Kojima-
-----------------
A salvation is not to be given, it rises from deep inside us.
-Soraya Saga-
Kamekku
Angel
Angel
Main character: Kamekku

Re: MapleStory Japanese TV Commercials

Post by Kamekku »

Toff wrote:Also, it would be cool if someone could translate anything.
Give me a while and maybe I'll attempt some translations.
Toff
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Toff »

Kamekku wrote:
Toff wrote:Also, it would be cool if someone could translate anything.
Give me a while and maybe I'll attempt some translations.
Oh, thanks a lot, that would be cool! I get the concept of the commercials, but I miss details. Like, don't get what is this Meipuru thing they keep on mistaking Maple for etc. ^^
If our children today don't have any dreams, we creators are guilty for not giving them dreams. We are culpable. We must create a dream to leave behind for the sake of our children.
-Hideo Kojima-
-----------------
-Soraya Saga-
Kamekku
Angel
Angel
Main character: Kamekku

Post by Kamekku »

Toff wrote:Oh, thanks a lot, that would be cool! I get the concept of the commercials, but I miss details. Like, don't get what is this Meipuru thing they keep on mistaking Maple for etc. ^^
"Meipuru" -> メイプル -> Japanese spelling of "Maple." It's spelled in katakana, which is what they use to spell foreign words. Since their characters don't work like ours do, (all their symbols represent consonant/vowel combinations except the unique one for "n"), they have to sort of make up combinations that sound like our words. If you pronounce "Meipuru" like the Japanese do, it sounds just like "Maple", since they pronounce "R"s like "L"s sort of. (Like the Chinese pronounce "L"s like "R"s). The "u" at the end of words is usually just sort of breathed, so you never really hear it, for example, "desu" is not pronounced "deh-soo", it sounds mostly like "dess." And etc etc etc.
Toff
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Toff »

Kamekku wrote:
Toff wrote:Oh, thanks a lot, that would be cool! I get the concept of the commercials, but I miss details. Like, don't get what is this Meipuru thing they keep on mistaking Maple for etc. ^^
"Meipuru" -> メイプル -> Japanese spelling of "Maple." It's spelled in katakana, which is what they use to spell foreign words. Since their characters don't work like ours do, (all their symbols represent consonant/vowel combinations except the unique one for "n"), they have to sort of make up combinations that sound like our words. If you pronounce "Meipuru" like the Japanese do, it sounds just like "Maple", since they pronounce "R"s like "L"s sort of. (Like the Chinese pronounce "L"s like "R"s). The "u" at the end of words is usually just sort of breathed, so you never really hear it, for example, "desu" is not pronounced "deh-soo", it sounds mostly like "dess." And etc etc etc.
Oh, thanks, but I know these things. ^^ I mean, I don't understand what else sounded like (was called) "Meipuru" that they mistook "Meipuru" (the game) for? Like, the girl went somewhere and waited outside at the sign that most probably said "Meipuru" or something similar sounding, while her friends waited for her in the game. I thought maybe they have some similar sounding word, or a name of some famous place in Japan, like a shop or a park. Since that's what looks like the 2007 commercials were based on - equivocality of some sort.
-Hideo Kojima-
-----------------
-Soraya Saga-
Toff
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Toff »

New commercial is out (with making of), yay! Ether's gotta love it. ^_^
(Added new videos to the first post.)
-Hideo Kojima-
-----------------
-Soraya Saga-
Blaznazn
Nephilim
Nephilim
Main character: Blaznatin

Post by Blaznazn »

Hehe, funny.
For the Greater Good!
Toff
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Toff »

Another commercial (+making of)! \*_*/ Added to the first post, as usual.
I wish someone could translate it.

I only managed to figure out the beginning:
- Tanimura-san, what do you want to be when you grow up?
- I'm gonna be a magician!
- Magician...

Anyway, this new commercial is totally on crack. *raburabu*
-Hideo Kojima-
-----------------
-Soraya Saga-
Toff
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Toff »

New year, new MapleStory Japanese TV CM campaign, new idol. :)
Added 3 new videos to the first post.

In the commercial #1 her younger sister says "I'm first!" in the end.
-Hideo Kojima-
-----------------
-Soraya Saga-
Toff
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Toff »

New Japanese TV CMs are out. :) This time featuring dorama actress Minamisawa Nao. :) As usual, check the first post for new videos.
-Hideo Kojima-
-----------------
-Soraya Saga-