Dead Fantasy

Want to tell a joke? Saw a funny video? Have a laugh in this forum.
Toff
Administrator
Administrator
Main character: Toffxkun
Job: Magician

Dead Fantasy

Post by Toff »

An incredibly talented animator with a help of some people is making a "Dead Fantasy" series, which is basically one long "Advent Children"-style fight scene between characters from "Dead or Alive" and "Final Fantasy" series. The animation, direction and anything else here is simply astonishing. Only two parts are ready so far, only part one is also available in HD and downloadable (part two will soon be as well), and part three is already in development. I, personally, didn't expect some fan video to be so good. Watch it, people. *o*
Part I
Part II
Part III
Part IV
Part V
If our children today don't have any dreams, we creators are guilty for not giving them dreams. We are culpable. We must create a dream to leave behind for the sake of our children.
-Hideo Kojima-
-----------------
A salvation is not to be given, it rises from deep inside us.
-Soraya Saga-
DARKS1M
Archangel
Archangel
Main character: DARKS1M

Re: Dead Fantasy

Post by DARKS1M »

Tifa came? O_O Was expecting Paine.
Sinfulrook
Main character: Sinfulrook

Post by Sinfulrook »

3 words: HOLY CRAPOLA BAR!!!

this definitely incredible, can't wait for more, post em here toffy :D
iRikeRice
Nephilim
Nephilim
Main character: iRikeRice

Post by iRikeRice »

I'm not a fan, but I must admit that the animation is pretty well done.

P.S. - Guns don't kill people? I never liked that aspect of fantasy games, guns should kill people faster. That's why I play Counter-Strike. :)

P.P.S. - Also, I didn't think most pistols fired at such a fast rate.

P.P.P.S. - Also, I don't like how people don't die after getting thrown through rocks. I'm a fan of at least SEMI-realism when it comes to getting hurt.

P.P.P.P.S. - Where are the guy characters? Oh wait... this is just a huge steaming pile of fan service, isn't it? %$@&# it. <_<

There's my rant. But the real moral of the story is: It was decent.

Referring to my "P.S." comments: Then again, I play a game in which small people walk around and battle giant fish that shoot lasers, which have the ability to incinerate just about anything, while toting weapons twice their size.
Last edited by iRikeRice on Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Toff
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Toff »

Eh, does realistic approach matter so much? You play MapleStory, you kill %$@&# snails. *g* I know some people like realistic fights more, but this one is all about eye candy and intensity, it was never meant to be realistic. And male characters may follow, I suppose, if that's important for anyone. Pistols don't fire at such rate. *lol* Mushrooms don't eat people, may the almighty Ether forgive me. Does that mean MapleStory sucks?
If our children today don't have any dreams, we creators are guilty for not giving them dreams. We are culpable. We must create a dream to leave behind for the sake of our children.
-Hideo Kojima-
-----------------
-Soraya Saga-
iRikeRice
Nephilim
Nephilim

Post by iRikeRice »

iRikeRice wrote:Referring to my "P.S." comments: Then again, I play a game in which small people walk around and battle giant fish that shoot lasers, which have the ability to incinerate just about anything, while toting weapons twice their size.
O_O ?

Also, you're taking my criticism pretty seriously. O_O
Are you sure you're not the one who made this? Because it sounds like you're defending your own work. :P
Toff
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Toff »

iRikeRice wrote:Are you sure you're not the one who made this? Because it sounds like you're defending your own work. :P
It's just that I read some comments before, and some people were saying it's bad because it's unrealistic, others were saying it's bad because it doesn't have a plot. It's for fun, people. It's like ditching "Burnout" because it's unrealistic and play "Gran Turismo" instead. *shrug* Both are great.
-Hideo Kojima-
-----------------
-Soraya Saga-
Sinfulrook
Main character: Sinfulrook

Post by Sinfulrook »

just to throw it out there, it's P.S., then P.P.S., then P.P.P.S etc etc

post scriptum is what it stands for or something to that effect.
iRikeRice
Nephilim
Nephilim

Post by iRikeRice »

I never knew. I better go edit them.
iRikeRice
Nephilim
Nephilim

Post by iRikeRice »

Toff wrote:It's just that I read some comments before, and some people were saying it's bad because it's unrealistic, others were saying it's bad because it doesn't have a plot. It's for fun, people. It's like ditching "Burnout" because it's unrealistic and play "Gran Turismo" instead. *shrug* Both are great.
Meh, those are just sub-reasons. The real reason: I don't like the Final Fantasy or DoA series, so I didn't find them entertaining. Also, I usually don't like fan submissions because they sort of ruin the official plots and such for me. Good animation, but it's not really my thing at all.