V Update - 5th job is here!

Discuss anything MapleStory-related that doesn't fit into any other categories here.
Toff
Administrator
Administrator
Main character: Toffxkun
Job: Magician

V Update - 5th job is here!

Post by Toff »

There's a new update (called "V") coming to MapleStory that adds 5th job advancement at level 200, reduces EXP curve, improves interface and more! *_* What do you, guys, think about it?

More info here.

In other news, MapleStory Europe is dead and has been moved under Nexon America's management. As a result, MapleStory Global now has one European server called Luna where all the MapleStory Europe players were moved to, however the move of current European players of MapleStory Global into Luna will either not happen at all or will happen much later in order to not to ruin the world's progression with the influx of high-level players.
As many of you know, I'm one of those European players and lower pings do seem tempting, and now that it's in Nexon America's hands the content will finally be up-to-date, but if I move we wouldn't be able to hang out if any of you decides to come back to Maple. I will also have to pass the leadership of Divinus to someone else. In any case, it's impossible right now, but would still like to hear your thoughts about this.
If our children today don't have any dreams, we creators are guilty for not giving them dreams. We are culpable. We must create a dream to leave behind for the sake of our children.
-Hideo Kojima-
-----------------
A salvation is not to be given, it rises from deep inside us.
-Soraya Saga-
BrightenUp
Beginner
Beginner
Main character: BrightenUp

Re: V Update - 5th job is here!

Post by BrightenUp »

Wow, those damage points look incredible. O_O If I saw this while I was still playing Maple, my jaw would have dropped and I'd be amazed (and maybe excited too, if I thought I could level up so high). But the game has expanded so much and the classes have all branched out so much that it's really not the same game from a decade ago that I'd be used to. I daresay it's all an improvement though :o

The main thing that I remember doing is the Ludi PQ in Eos Tower 101. That really captured the spirit of the whole game for me I think: the socializing and teamwork along with the quirky platforming action. Now I kind of get that same feeling from playing Counter-Strike: GO, which I recently bought and started getting into. But with CS:GO I don't always have to keep the grind in mind, as leveling isn't as crucial to the game.

Anyway, I obviously don't have a very informed opinion about this whole thing but I just thought I'd pop back in as my way of saying hi again. Toff, I actually do have RPG Maker VX Ace on Steam but I've still gotta reach better days before I can really get creative and give everything its due diligence.

Well wishes to the guild, Toff, and Ether (since I probably don't I know anybody else), and good luck to us all!
Toff
Administrator
Administrator
Main character: Toffxkun

Post by Toff »

Yes, I think overall the game is now closer to how I wish it would be, as it now has some story-driven content with cutscenes, ending themes, voice-acting even. Overall MapleStory finally has a pretty strong emphasis on story. Surely they went a bit over the top with classes, but it's also a result of focusing efforts on story. They basically left the original classes as Adventurers, while each new Hero class they added has their own story, and then there is content where those stories intertwine and stuff. It's a bit hard to keep up with, but then again, so is in any other MMORPG that is constantly being developed.

The downside for the reduced EXP curve is that low-level content is being skipped almost instantly and no one plays it anymore. I think the Ludi PQ is gone entirely even, there is not an entirely different section in that area. But I will never say that reducing grind is a bad thing, so I'm happy about it. I'm lvl 189 right now in Maple, I wonder how fast will I manage to reach 200 with the 30% EXP requirement reduction.

As for CS:GO, well, it's not an MMO, after all, it's just a multiplayer game, and they don't follow the same progression. But every MMO these days has to reduce grind requirements, as the amount of games grows exponentially these days, and the amount of free time, sadly, stays the same.

And you can do it, Bright, if you tell yourself you want to and you can. Recently a friend of mine has released his own game on Steam, called Goblin and Coins. He spent most of the time creating pixel art for it and programming, and it ended up pretty nice, especially for a 1-man team. :)
If our children today don't have any dreams, we creators are guilty for not giving them dreams. We are culpable. We must create a dream to leave behind for the sake of our children.
-Hideo Kojima-
-----------------
A salvation is not to be given, it rises from deep inside us.
-Soraya Saga-
LavernFor
Beginner
Beginner
Main character: Lavern
Job: Thief

Post by LavernFor »

I love the cannon of mass destruction!